Commercial Manager – Veovo
Full time, permanent
A fast-growing IT services company, Gentrack works with some of the biggest utility companies and airports worldwide. The company adopts a relaxed work environment with a diverse and multinational culture and is on the path to becoming an entirely agile organisation.
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager on a permanent basis to lead the Veovo commercial function, reporting into the CEO, Veovo with dotted line to GM Commercial & Legal, supporting, winning and delivering contracts to a global customer base. Working with staff in the UK, Denmark, Malta and New Zealand, this role will be responsible for leading commercial engagements with customers, suppliers and partners.
Part of the Veovo leadership team, this role will be critical in ensuring Veovo delivers sustainable growth in the coming years. As part of this role, it is expected to develop the commercial approach for Veovo’s offerings, including developing our future SaaS commercial model and increased partnering.
Duties and responsibilities of a Commercial Manager:
- Assist with bid preparation, including the provision of commercial inputs and reviews as part of the tender process.
- Review and negotiate customer and supplier contracts.
- Own and resolve contractual issues with customers, suppliers and partners
- Work with the CEO to advance strategic tasks, specifically M&A initiatives and the introduction of robust commercial governance across the Veovo businesses.
- Carry out miscellaneous commercial tasks, such as reviewing NDAs, providing advice, and maintaining commercial guidelines.
- Help shape deals.
- Carry out data protection / privacy governance activities.
- Assertively ensure that sound commercial principles are being followed throughout the organisation.
- Show the way on commercial matters, particularly through advising and coaching.
- Develop innovative commercial frameworks and approaches for partnering
Required knowledge and experience for a Commercial Manager:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of having carried out a commercial role in a technology company, ideally in a software products company.
- A broad but good understanding of software development and service delivery.
- A strong grasp of UK contract law ideally with experience working with international customers and suppliers, particularly in the USA, Europe and the Middle East.
- Excellent (written and spoken) English.
- Great negotiation skills.
- Some understanding and experience of US and civil contract law. (desirable)
- M&A experience. (desirable)
- Business proficiency in another European language. (a plus)
- Experience in the aviation and airports sector. (desirable)
What we can offer
- Competitive pay
- Great working environment with brand new Central London offices
- 24 days of holiday
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Gym allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Yoga sessions every week
- Subsidized onsite massage
- End of month free drinks and pizza
Please only apply for this role of Commercial Manager if you have the right to work in the UK.
***No agencies please***